NTO Nominations and Training Plans
A training plan outlines the formal training an apprentice or trainee does with you. It's your responsibility as the Nominated Training Organisation (NTO) to complete and maintain your students' training plan.
Once an employer and apprentice or trainee chooses you as their training provider, a training contract will be created and listed on the Apprenticeship and Traineeship onLine Application System (ATLAS) portal system. See below steps outlining accepting a nomination and developing the training plan.
Using ATLAS, search and view newly lodged contracts where you've been nominated as the training provider.
Confirm whether you accept or decline the nomination as the training provider. A guide is available to assist you in this process.
If you have accepted the nomination to become the NTO, contact the employer and apprentice or trainee to discuss the details of training, including core and elective units of competency or study.
Complete a Training Plan, using the relevant template below, and then notify the Department that you have developed an endorsed Training Plan. A guide is available to assist you in this process.
Training plans need to include:
- the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) qualification to be undertaken
- the units of competency that make up the AQF qualification
- the mode of delivery of formal training (on-job or off-job)
- the responsibilities of the apprentice or trainee, employer and Registered Training Organisation (NTO)
- additional expectations of the apprentice or trainee, employer or NTO, agreed to by all parties.