What is JobTrainer?
JobTrainer is a joint partnership between the Commonwealth and State Government to support low-cost training for more South Australians. It represents a significant investment into training delivery in South Australia that complements existing efforts under Skilling South Australia and partnerships with providers, employers and industry.
JobTrainer provides the opportunity to respond to growing demand, deliver high quality training and provide more choice for school leavers, young people and jobseekers.
Under JobTrainer, all courses listed on the Subsidised Training List (STL) are accessible to eligible students at low-cost.
Information regarding JobTrainer eligibility and other key requirements can be found in the JobTrainer FAQs.
To support increased delivery Registered training organisations will:
- receive additional subsidies to support the delivery of low fee training for eligible students
- have access to the Building Capability Program to expand your capability and enhance the delivery of high quality training and assessment
The extension of JobTrainer continues the existing arrangements, with an increased focus on supporting pathways and upskilling in aged care, childcare, disability care and digital skills.
The Subsidised Training List (STL), continues to include:
- a broader range of entry level pathways for school leavers and young people
- short courses to build skills towards further aligned training and increased employability
- low-fee apprenticeships and traineeships.
For information, see relevant Tools below.